About Me

My photo
An English and International Relations (and now law school) student with a penchant for black coffee, Pynchon novels, and fashion. A big city dreaming and law career aspiring 20-something year old simply searching for her place in this world.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Loving Yourself



After this past weekend (which I'm going to post about later tonight - lots of pretty scenery and great friends), I realized that I need to make a drastic change in my life. Ok, maybe not super drastic, but a change nonetheless.

I've spent too much time:
- Feeling sorry for myself about not being accepted to NYU and Columbia's law schools.
- Letting myself be insecure about appearances, personality, and abilities

So this is all going to change. My goals shall be this:

1. Be independent. This one may be difficult for me. I tend to fancy myself an extremely independent person; however, similar to Eat, Pray, Love, I've either been with a guy or breaking up with a guy since I was fifteen. It's time to change that. Especially now, he's different. I didn't expect him to be, but he is. I need to move on. Let him go. It's hurt too much. So from here on out, I'm on my own and I couldn't be more excited.



2. Compliment myself. It's tough. I think it's tough for everyone, but I'm tired of trying to compare myself with others. So now, everytime I am critical of myself, I am going to give myself a compliment as well.

"If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. "

3. Work out three times a week. I've got the eating healthy down. I love eating healthy and working out makes me feel even better, but I let excuses and laziness interfere.

No comments:

Post a Comment